Can't Print after April 18 Creators update (ver. 1803)

paulbasel

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2013
Since the April 18 Creators update (ver. 1803) of Windows 10 was installed on my notebook I cannot print from any application (e.g., Word, Excel, email, etc) to my HP printer Here are the system components:

Asus X555UA-DM156T Notebook (purchased in May 2016)
HP Deskjet F4500 (USB or wireless)
Wireless modem home network

Here is what works and what doesn’t:

1. I can print a test page and clean the printer heads using the HP software.
2. I cannot print from either a wired or wireless connection with any notebook application.
3. I can print a PDF file obtained from my Dropbox using an iPad with the HP print app installed on it.
4. I connected the notebook to another printer (Brother Lasejet) that works perfectly with my desktop (Win 10 ver 1803) – I was unable to print from the notebook with this printer after installing the requisite Brother software.

I have attempted to fix the problem by doing the following:

5. Checked all devices and printers and found no errors in the device manager. Printer indicates that it is installed and functioning properly.
6. Ran all HP and Windows troubleshooters without success.
7. Deinstalled the HP software using the instructions described on the HP website.
8. Reinstalled the latest software and printer driver downloaded from the HP website.
9. I still receive a popup window that doesn’t give any error code but essentially states that there was a problem printing and gave 3 or 4 suggestions on to fix the problem, none of which work.

I have concluded that there is nothing wrong with the HP printer since it prints properly using the iPad and HP iPad Print app. It is not necessarily a wireless problem because it won’t print when connected with its USB cable either.

I have seen countless numbers of posts on various websites about this same problem but I haven’t found any solution that works.

Solution
Isn't Microsoft Windows 10 great? My Hp printer has been screwed up since the last Feature update (1709). I tried finding a new driver, but HP just refers back to the Windows driver (that screwed it up in the first place).

The best results that I've found is to use the Windows Print Preview first. And then print from there. Printing from the browser for instance for all practical purposes doesn't work.
Isn't Microsoft Windows 10 great? My Hp printer has been screwed up since the last Feature update (1709). I tried finding a new driver, but HP just refers back to the Windows driver (that screwed it up in the first place).

The best results that I've found is to use the Windows Print Preview first. And then print from there. Printing from the browser for instance for all practical purposes doesn't work.

Solution