Readyboost Tab not showing, and ReadyBoost service not in Services

Jul 6, 2018
Basically, Ive gone through alot of solutions and reccommendations on how to fix the my "problem" which is why my readyboost tab is not showing. But most of them had no effect nor did it help in any way, the main reason was most of the solutions involved me configuring around the Readyboost service in Services, the problem here is that i couldnt find the Readyboos service in Services. Any Idea how to fix this?

ThankYou,

Since I was posting to this thread anyway, I went ahead and experimented with Readyboost on my machine. It odes not work on my machine because my machine is already too fast and Readyboost would not provide any additional performance, according to the pop-up dialog box that I got.

Additional research has provided this information. If your PC has a CPU that is faster than 2 GHZ and has 4 gb of RAM or more, then Readyboost is disabled because it will not provide any additional performance. My PC has an Intel I5 4690 running at 3.7 GHZ and I have 16 gb of RAM so my Readyboost feature is not functional.

Jul 6, 2018

Hello, Thanks so much for replying, The article really helped - ish, well I guess I figured out the problem to all of this. Turns out you cant use SSD drives for readyboost. But is it anyway possible, to use an SSD for readyboost?

USAFRet

Titan
Trying to enable ReadyBoost on an internal SSD.
(my oldest and slowest SSD)
4YWiKFH.png