Computer freezing after new build

Jul 6, 2018
Hi,

So I've been having an issue for the last few days where my computer randomly freezes. It freezes while idle, playing games, and is pretty much just completely random. During these freezes, I experience a complete lockup. However, keep in mind that if I'm watching a video or listening to music (most of the time) I will still hear the audio. I just cannot use my keyboard, mouse, etc.

Solutions I've tried:
- Updating drivers.
- Buying a new SSD (which Windows is run on).
- Memory Diagnostics (Came back clean)
- CPU Diagnostics (Came back clean)

My PC build is as follows:
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370-A
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2
CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 - 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO - 500GB
HDD #1: Western Digital - 1TB
HDD #2: Seagate Barracuda - 1TB

I've tried so many methods, and I am at a complete loss. My CPU, Motherboard, PSU, CPU Cooler and RAM are all brand new - so I don't believe it'd be a hardware issue.

Mar 31, 2018
Hmm... have you tried re inserting your components? It could be a problem with the display instead of the hardware itself. Try re slotting your gpu and also unplug and replug the CPU power cable.

Jul 6, 2018
Hi, so I don't know if it makes a difference or not... but I forgot to include some information:

It seems that the audio might just be from a cache or some sort. Because when I am loading a video and the computer freezes, it doesn't keep loading. I'll try your recommendation, thanks.

Jul 6, 2018
Hi again,

It seems that it has not solved the issue. Still freezing here and there. My friend seems to think it's the motherboard, but I bought it brand new :/

Also in my Event Viewer I found this:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Mar 31, 2018
From your recent edit I believe that it is likely to be your motherboard that’s the problem. But still fully check the other components as well. If it isn’t the motherboard, it could be something with the PSU. Your mobo might not be getting enough power because some of the cables have not been connected properly. Try reconnecting the 20+4 pin power cable.

Also, although it might not make a difference, try re connecting your case’s usb cables, and try connecting your peripherals through your pc’s front ports.

Jul 6, 2018
Hi, and thanks for the fast response :D

So I am very convinced it wouldn't be my power supply that's the issue, as I bought it directly from EVGA - though that doesn't rule out a fault in the production line lol. I've re-fastened most of my cables, and even moved my 1060 to a new PCI-E slot. I've also unplugged the USB wires and plugged them back in.

I'd like to add something also, I've done memory and CPU diagnostics and they've come back with flying colors. The only other viable hardware related issues seem to be the Motherboard or Graphics Card. Keep in mind that one of the biggest reasons I believe it isn't the PSU is because the computer even freezes during low loads such as watching a youtube video.

Mar 31, 2018
Then I think it’s definitely the motherboard. Assuming that you didn’t damage it yourself, returning it to the shop and getting a new one would be a good idea. But before confirming it’s the motherboard you should try testing your pc without the gpu inserted- connect your display cable to your motherboard. If you still have problems with freezing then it’s definitely your motherboard.

Jul 6, 2018
Hi,

Sorry for the very late reply lol. I've replaced my motherboard and even tried different methods of testing my graphics card - including running a very graphics intensive game and nothing. I am beginning to think that this issue is not hardware related, but software related. I have windows 10 version 1803 and according to several sources can cause my PC to lockup while utilizing programs such as Mozilla Firefox (which I use). Would there be a fix to this? Also, if a software was causing these lockups, would there be a way to view which software is causing them? Something such as event viewer? (Event viewer has no traces).

EDIT: I've had the computer on for about the last hour and have had zero freezes. This leads me to believe that it's Corsair's iCUE software - as when it's closed my PC is perfectly normal lol. I've reached out to Corsair to try and resolve this issue.