120hz Monitor stuck at 60hz

Jul 7, 2018
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 950d which was originally 120hz however recently when I re-arranged everything and added a 55 inch Samsung Curved UHD Smart TV, the 950 has been stuck at 60hz, same with the TV where I can't seen to pump more than 60hz from.

Here is what I tried so far
-Use advanced display settings>monitor properties where I can't find an option more than 60hz for both
-Used a HDMI to DVI converter for both TV and monitor (Does it have to be a specific cable and not a converter?)

I heard that both displays requires the same refresh rate for change? Is that true?

If anyone has a suggestion on fixing this please help thank you.

Solution

If you're duplicating the displays, you'll be limited to the lowest refresh rate of the...

If you're duplicating the displays, you'll be limited to the lowest refresh rate of the two.

It doesn't matter if you use an adapter dongle or an adapter cable, they are the same thing.

Otherwise, try the steps in Section 6 here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3675170/connect-120-display-construction.html

Solution

How are you connecting to the monitor right now? The HDMI port on the monitor doesn't support more than 60 Hz at 1080p, you need to connect to the DVI port, and it needs to be with a standard DVI-to-DVI connection, no adapters.

TRENDING THREADS