Is it safe to use electrical tape on a monitor?

Jul 8, 2018
Is it ok to use electrical tape to seal the bezels on a monitor? In the UK thunderflies/thrips are becoming a real issue, my Asus VX24AH has about 5 dead ones behind the front panel, where I can't remove them. Luckily Asus has agreed to replace it under warrenty, but to prevent this in the future i wanted to seal the apparent gaps the insects are crawling through.

I thought about using black electrical tape around the bezels, is this a good idea? How long lasting would this soultion be? Thanks

Jul 8, 2018

no not the heat vents, just the apparent gaps between the bezel and the screen. i hope the vents arn't the way they reach the screen.

Electrical tape tends to loose adhesion unless tightly wrapped and is also sensitive to heat. May also leave unsightly and difficult to remove residue. New types of masking tape, like ones used by car painters is much leaner and easily removed, You could also paint it if you can't find right color. Other option, trim tape for cars, some gold color would look great on black for instance.

Jul 8, 2018

Does electrical tape lose it's stickiness eventually? Is masking tape better for this?

Jul 8, 2018

could you send a link for some black masking tape that would be suitable? I tried looking at a local store but they did not have it in black and i'm unsure whicch variety is suitable to use on a monitor. Thanks