Any monitor that connects to my computer will go black for a few seconds

kittenguin

Prominent
May 6, 2017
Hello, my computer is fairly new (been 1 and a half year since I built it), and recently the monitor started having some problems. It would go black for a few seconds, the blue light would still indicate that it is on and powered, and then come back on.
It wasn't that common at first, but now it happens way too much and it's gotten annoying. I suspected it was my monitor's fault, and swapped it with another monitor I had available to confirm it, but the new monitor would still have the same problem. It'd be worth to note that my monitor has a VGA cable, but my graphics card only has an HDMI port, so I'm using an adapter. I tried uninstalling my graphics card driver to check if it may be causing it, but it still will go black and back on. What can I do?

My computer specs are:
Windows 7
AMD A8-7670K
ASRock FM2A68M-HD+
Nvidia GeForce 1050
Ask me for any other specs worth noting.

Edit: I'm using the computer with the graphic drivers uninstalled, and the occurence of the black screen isn't as common as before, figured it might be worth knowing.

Thanks in advace.

kittenguin

Prominent
May 6, 2017
It's only gotten worse and worse. When I reinstalled the graphics driver it seemed as if I had fixed it, but it now has returned and it's happening literally every second. The duration has increased too. Please any help would be really appreciated.