Whea uncorrectable error

Jul 9, 2018
I tried overclocking my CPU, i5 8600k, using Asus' EZ tuner. It made some changes to my CPU settings. After that, I ran Aida64 for about 40 minutes and my temperature never went higher than 65. I thought I got a stable OC so I played Battlefield 1 at Ultra and 1440p to see if it really was stable. After 15 minutes of gameplay, my computer froze so I hit the reset button on my computer case. After booting up to the desktop, I would get an WHEA Uncorrectable blue screen error. I tried resetting my bios settings to remove the overclock but I would still get the error. Increasing the CPU's core voltage to 1.2 seemed to help but it would still give me the error but after around 30 minutes of use. I tried monitoring my CPU's temp and it never went higher than 50 before it crashed. Does this sound like a hardware problem? Could it be my PSU or CPU? My PSU has 650w and is bronze. I even tried re-installing Windows 10. I've never had this problem before.

Solution
I had to reset bios couple of times after using software CPU OC, that's why no one recommends it.
If it's crashing after windows reinstall, Switch off your PSU, press pc power button to ground it, Reset your bios manually by removing the CMOS battery for a minute or two then put it back. If it crashes again, it's probably hardware.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
I had to reset bios couple of times after using software CPU OC, that's why no one recommends it.
If it's crashing after windows reinstall, Switch off your PSU, press pc power button to ground it, Reset your bios manually by removing the CMOS battery for a minute or two then put it back. If it crashes again, it's probably hardware.

Solution