Serious problem - the system cannot find the file specified

Jul 9, 2018
Hello community,

I've just set my new computer and encountered a problem with installing the drivers on it. Can't instal monstly all of them due to the issue called (The system cannot find the file specified). Not only the drivers are problematic, but also programs e.g. EVEREST cannot be instaled. (If i want to instal the program i have to move the instalation file to the disc which doesn't contain windows, so it can work, dont know why).

I've tried to instal drivers either from cd or from MSI website or with the use of softwares. Driver instalation from MSI CD was stuck at 99% on network driver, but at least this method was doing something. I am not doing that for the first time and honestly have never met such an issue with "pathing".

Leaving to you the computer components in case it's needed:

Motherboard - z370 GAMING PLUS
Procesor - intel core i5-8600k
Graphics - nvidia Geforce gtx 1060
Rams - goodram 2x8gb 2400mhz
Disc SSD - adata-su800 256gb
Disc HDD - seagate barracuda 1tb
Power - silentiumpc vero L2 600W

All the components seem to be working correctly. Windows is freshly installed. I've tried it either on SSD or HDD, but without any difference (same error occured).

In case you have any idea how to move further with it, please leave a comment. Any help is highly appreciated thanks.

Solution
Its possible windows already has the drivers for your motherboard, Motherboard makers can supply Microsoft with a set of drivers that match their hardware, and it could have been downloaded via windows Update. win 10 tries to find all drivers for all hardware meaning you don't need the drivers before you install it. LAN drivers may have already been downloaded from Intel

Normally a good idea to only use drivers off the web site, as ones on DVD's aren't often the newest.

Does it let you install something called Live update 6? Its an MSI tool used to update drivers - its on the utility tab of motherboard web site.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its possible windows already has the drivers for your motherboard, Motherboard makers can supply Microsoft with a set of drivers that match their hardware, and it could have been downloaded via windows Update. win 10 tries to find all drivers for all hardware meaning you don't need the drivers before you install it. LAN drivers may have already been downloaded from Intel

Normally a good idea to only use drivers off the web site, as ones on DVD's aren't often the newest.

Does it let you install something called Live update 6? Its an MSI tool used to update drivers - its on the utility tab of motherboard web site.

Solution
I had the same problem trying to install disk migration software a couple of weeks ago. Make sure windows Ransomware protection is turned off during the install:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3727090/windows-spring-feature-update-boot-drive-migration-hdd-ssd-samsung-nvme-devices.html

Did that do it?

I turned the Ransomware protection back on after the install and everything runs fine. Ransomware protection is great, but need to know when to turn it off and on because it seems to be causing install issues.

Jul 9, 2018
Well thank you all for the statements, however I figured out the solution.
Windows has to be fully updated before installing the drivers.
And I installed the drivers from producent website. Indeed those on CD were outdated.