Are There any LGA 775 Motherboard Supports Windows 10?

asem1123

Reputable
Feb 6, 2018
I've been seeing people in YouTube succeeding to install Windows 10 in their pentium 4 systems while I'm not... is it because they have Pentium HT and I don't or the fact that my motherboard doesn't have Windows 10 support (and drivers)?

If it's my pentium 4 519k then the windows 10 install is not happening but if it's the motherboard, then like the title says.. Is there an LGA 775 motherboard that supports Windows 10, (well Windows 8.1 is fine too)? Thanks in advance.

Solution
The reason its stuck there is it doesn't have copies of drivers for the chipset so it can't get anywhere.

Only way to get past this is install win 7 or 8 first as those installers did have drivers that understand your hardware. Honestly, if you can get win 7 onto it, you probably best staying at that level as the more advanced windows gets, the less likely it will work with a CPU from 2004. Or install XP again... neither of the DVD you have are a good choice for your hardware.

Most people here all saying they got it to install on Quad core CPU, they are a few years newer and just the 3 extra cores makes the experience slightly easier to live with. I might have had an Athlon XP2800 at time your CPU was new.

Newer versions of Win 10...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Ram/CPU aren't the biggest barrier to running win 10 on LGA775, its fact Intel don't have win 10 drivers for the chipset.
The only drivers you likely to find that still work with win 10 are Realtek LAN & Sound drivers, mainly as they still support the old chipsets still

The only way to get Win 10 on a LGAS 775 motherboard is install Win 7 1st and upgrade to 10. That doesn't guarantee a good experience though.

Avoid any with Nvidia chipsets as Nvidia don't support those anymore. My last PC had a P5N32e SLI motherboard, it was LGA775, it stopped getting driver updates before Win 8 was released.

CPU should be able to run win 8.1 since it has
Security & Reliability
Execute Disable Bit ‡ Yes
which is something Win 8,1 needs to run
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005771/processors.html

it seems most LGA 775 motherboard will run win 8

The oldest I have is an Intel DG965WH motherboard with a Q6700 CPU. I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro without any issues. I also have newer G31 and P45 chipsets working without issues. All clean installs.

- Did you create your own install media? If so how?
- Did you reset the BIOS? Set your IDE/SATA to AHCI?
- Does your motherboard have more than one drive controller? Are you using the Intel or 3rd party?
- Is the motherboard chipset Intel or something else?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i have an old dell xps 420 with an dell 0TP406 and q6600 and it installed win 10 with no issues at all. was a clean install and not even an upgrade from anything. just made the partition and installed first try.

if you can't install it, there is something else going on besides the mobo itself. velocity has some good places to start above.

asem1123

Reputable
Feb 6, 2018

I think the motherboard uses an Intel i910E chipset and I'm asking this because I ever tried booting from a Windows 10 Anniversary DVD I have, but it just won't load, it's just stuck at the Win10 logo. I haven't tried with other OSes because I only have a WinXP and a Win10 DVD.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The reason its stuck there is it doesn't have copies of drivers for the chipset so it can't get anywhere.

Only way to get past this is install win 7 or 8 first as those installers did have drivers that understand your hardware. Honestly, if you can get win 7 onto it, you probably best staying at that level as the more advanced windows gets, the less likely it will work with a CPU from 2004. Or install XP again... neither of the DVD you have are a good choice for your hardware.

Most people here all saying they got it to install on Quad core CPU, they are a few years newer and just the 3 extra cores makes the experience slightly easier to live with. I might have had an Athlon XP2800 at time your CPU was new.

Newer versions of Win 10 are also removing support for older hardware by enforcing driver signatures. If driver isn't supplied to Microsoft for testing with Win 10 then win 10 won't let it run. So while older version of win 10 may have allowed people to use Win 7 & 8 drivers, its getting harder over time. win 10 gets a new version every 6 months so its a rolling removal of old drivers that will work. Each version adds more that suddenly don't work anymore.

Solution