PC Slowdown, what should I do next?

Jul 9, 2018
I'm looking for a guide on troubleshooting my windows 10 PC.

-i7 4970 3.5ghz(?)
-Gtx 1080 founders edition
-16GB Corsair vengeance ddr3 (4x4 1600)
-EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 psu (1kw 80+gold)
-EVGA Z97 (FTW) motherboard
-OCZ RevoDrive 3 PCI-E 240gb sad
-like...3 more hdds of various shapes, sizes and manufacturers

I've had the rig for a few years, upgrading here and there. Last thing was the 1080 a little over a year ago (present from fiancee, she's a keeper)

It seems like I'm having more and more issues running games from my steam library. Rubberbanding to stuttering graphics, long load times to straight up crashes,*slaps case* THIS BABY DOES IT ALL

I've seen several issues on different threads but I was hoping someone could help me out...

From clean installs of graphics drivers and benchmarking, to adjusting the PSU, and making sure my RAM is working properly.

Basically anything I can try before wiping it clean and starting over.

What do I do first? Benchmark?
I'll update when I get home from work. Thanks!

*UPDATE*
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/9636612

not great results...

Any advice? What should I do next?

I was planning on pulling it apart and cleaning the whole thing, to make sure im not getting any overheating caused by dust or animal hair or whatever.

but then what?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
CPU and GPU temps under load? How often and how does it crash, a freeze or blue screen? Your pcie SSD is performing WAY below where it should, it's seq read speeds are 174mbps according to user benchmark it should be near 1000mbps. I would guess you do not have the pcie slot it is in configured properly for that drive. This could possibly explain stuttering in some games but im doubtful, it would certainly explain slow load times

Jul 9, 2018
UPDATE

Ok so I've updated the firmware (had to make a bootable usb, wouldn't update while running windows) the bios and the drivers were already up to date.

I re ran the benchmark and got better scores but the SSD is still performing waaay below where it should be.

I followed a SSD tweaking post on this forum but it didn't help, i was already booting in AHCI and I don't have a page file.

The EVGA z97 motherboard has 4 x16 PCI-E slots, the 1080 is in slot 1, and the SSD is in slot 3, it would probably fit in slot to but I didn't want it making contact with the video card sooo, slot 3 it is. I could swap them and see if it has anything to do with that. But I'm not sure what else to do with the motherboard.

Basically all my drives are running slow so, i might just have to wipe everything and start over. I want to fix this SSD first tho because if I wipe it, and it still loads like shit, I'm worse off than I was when I started.

What's the best way to get temps and stats under load? I ran the antigravity (idk what its called) benchmark on extreme and got a score of 3700 I think? Or close to it...

UPDATE
screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/WmBOffT