Sleep mode not working and random BSOD's

Sir_William707

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I have been having so much trouble with this custom desktop that I just upgraded. I put in a new CPU and SSD, and also upgraded to Windows 10 from 7.

I have been getting random blue screens for a long time now, and I can't figure out the root cause of it all. Included with the blue screens is sleep mode working very strange.

So with the sleep mode, sometimes when I put into sleep, the monitor will turn blank, no signal; but the computer's lights stay lit as if it is still running. However, when I am able to get into sleep mode, I try waking it; and the computer lights up, but the monitor remains blank, no signal. When it gets stuck like this, the only fix is flipping the PSU switch in the back to reset the entire computer. The tiny restart button doesn't even do anything.

I've been troubleshooting a lot with the power options and I've also installed a brand new motherboard and brand new RAM. After many different kinds of troubleshoots, I really thought the motherboard had been the culprit for all of those nasty BSOD's. RAM didn't fix it either. Now it seems like something else. More money down the drain!

I don't really know whether the new CPU or SSD are faulty, but I don't really want to put even more money into this machine. I really need the sleep mode for my business I do on the computer. Any help would greatly be appreciated! I am extremely frustrated with this computer. Thanks!

Note: the blue screens have been all kinds of things, but they have mostly gone away after new motherboard. The previous motherboard wasn't officially supported for Windows 10.

PC Specs--

CPU: FX-8300
RAM: Patriot Viper 3 (8gb, 1600 mhz)
GPU: Radeon HD 7750
Motherboard: Asrock 970 AG3.1
SSD: Adata SU800

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Solution