Windows blue screen | readonly memory| faild iaStorA.sys

Jul 11, 2018
Hello,

I upgraded my pc from MSI z77 to a new Asus z370 motherboard. and I want to use my old boot up. I accidentally deleted my old boot up (raid0) while trying to boot from it with the new system, but luckily I had cloned my raid 0 to a single hard drive before starting.

And now when I try to boot from the clone hard drive after switching from uefi to legacy I get a blue screen says:
" ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY"
" what failed: iaStorA.sys"

the system keeps trying to boot up windows and crashing.
my old z77 system is still functional and I can still boot up from the clone hard drive.

I hope I made my issue clear
Please help.

Solution
I want to use my old boot up. I accidentally deleted my old boot up (raid0) while trying to boot from it with the new system, but luckily I had cloned my raid 0 to a single hard drive before starting.
You have to reset the raid 0 to regular non-raid with the z77 system first, because the raid can be recognized by the z77 only.

And you are better to do the clean reinstall the OS on the z370.
I want to use my old boot up. I accidentally deleted my old boot up (raid0) while trying to boot from it with the new system, but luckily I had cloned my raid 0 to a single hard drive before starting.
You have to reset the raid 0 to regular non-raid with the z77 system first, because the raid can be recognized by the z77 only.

And you are better to do the clean reinstall the OS on the z370.

Solution