Athlon A, B and C. What´s the difference ?

yangrossman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dear Friends,
I have noticed people talking about all those different Atlhon CPUs. Could you please explain it to me cus I couldn´t understand yet ? Looking at AMD website there is nothing about that.
As I am looking to build a new computer, I would like to know hcih to buy.
Thanks,
Yan

G

I think the A is the classic
the B is a 200mhz fsb TBird
The C is a 266mhz Fsb TBird

Go for the C it is the fastest clock for clock as long as you have a MB to support it...

Good Luck

M

Opinions are like arseholes .... everybody’s got one.... :smile:

yangrossman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So I could buy now a Mobo that supports DDR and use for now a normal sdram memory. Then when DDR memory is cheaper I buy it. Right ?
Don´t you think that the day DDR is cheaper there will be newer and better mobos for that system ?
Thanks to everyone.

G

I remember one mobo that could run sdram and ddr when drr first came out, tom talked about it as an alternative to buying DDR when it first came out but I'm sure your better off just commiting to one side.

mousepotato

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2001
Asus A7A266 mobo has 2 DDR slots and 3 SDRAM slots. It may be hard to get a hold of, for a little while. It either just came available or is just about to.

mousepotato

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2001
I'm pretty sure you can use DDR and SDRAM together or separately, whatever you want. OCWorkbecnch.com <A HREF="http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/asus/a7a266/a7a266reviewp1.htm" target="_new">reviewed</A> it on 3/20/01.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The 760MP is going to rock.

But it's also currently being priced insanely high because "it's for servers". Blah blah blah. As if being for servers is any excuse to charge near a grand for a motherboard.

The 760MP motherboard prices had better come down, or else there are going to be a LOT of miffed AMD fans.

-Got your money for nothing, and your chips for free.
-I want my, I want my, I want my AMD.