Recovery problem error stuck

Autocon487

Reputable
Aug 9, 2017
Ever sincr I tried i put in my new 250GB SSD into my system (with a 1TB HDD I already had) I was trying to figure out how to place me OS and windows 10 on my SSD. However once i changed my BIOS setting, I've been getting this blue screen recovery error. What do I nees to do?

Solution
If you want to boot windows off the SSD then you will need to change your BIOS boot order. (Sounds like you have already done that) so that SSD is yiur boot disk.

The cleanest way is to remove the hdd and install windows on to your new SSD. Then you can add the old hdd and then reformat (or remove windows directory). This means that you will need to reinstall all of your applications.

The other way is to delete enough stuff off the hdd so that it can fit on the SSD, then clone the HDD on to the SSD. This is a more complex way to do it, but you will not have to re-install applications.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
If you want to boot windows off the SSD then you will need to change your BIOS boot order. (Sounds like you have already done that) so that SSD is yiur boot disk.

The cleanest way is to remove the hdd and install windows on to your new SSD. Then you can add the old hdd and then reformat (or remove windows directory). This means that you will need to reinstall all of your applications.

The other way is to delete enough stuff off the hdd so that it can fit on the SSD, then clone the HDD on to the SSD. This is a more complex way to do it, but you will not have to re-install applications.

Solution