Meshify C or other similar cases - Remove PSU shroud

jonmakela00

Honorable
Feb 14, 2018
I'm in a Thermaltake Core V31 right now and it works just fine, but I really like the look of the Meshify C with the mesh front and tempered glass. I have custom cables and 7 rgb fans that I want to see and while the V31 has a window, there's 2" - 2.5" of metal casing around that window which gets in the way of seeing all the glorious cables and lights in the case.

My only real issue with the Meshify C and similar cases is the shroud at the bottom for a couple reasons, including, obscuring long lengths of custom cables and blocking the use of 2 bottom fans.

I'm unable to get my hands on a Meshify C to play with it, so I am wondering, can the whole bottom shroud be removed and not used? Does the shroud otherwise add rigidity to that case or others that it's removal would make the case not as stable?

I'm running 2 SSDs and a cryorig air cooler. I know I can mount the ssd's at the rear and the cooler will certainly fit in the Meshify C. Just want to be use the case without the shroud. I have 3x120 fans at the front currently, along with 2x120 at the bottom, and 2x140 at the top.

I guess this question could apply to some other cases, though I dont know what those cases are, except maybe the Thermaltake Core G21, but that has a single vent on top for a fan.

Appreciate any help in selecting a new case with glass, full view into the case from the side, and a mesh front.

Thanks!