My monitor goes Dim.

freezerburnhead

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
So just yesterday my monitor went dark/dim in all of the corners, and when i shut it off and turn it back on it's gone. It happened again today so now i know it wasn't a fluke. Do i need a new Monitor or is this something i can fix?

Solution
Dimming only in specific locations would seem to point toward some sort of backlight issue. If it is a LED-lit LCD, maybe the corner LEDs are on a separate circuit from the rest of the LED lighting and one of the LEDs has died. Replacing backlight LEDs would involve extensive dis-assembly to get at the LED strips.

Possibly fixable but beyond most people's skills. The panel may not survive dis-assembly, repair and re-assembly.

InvalidError

Titan
Dimming only in specific locations would seem to point toward some sort of backlight issue. If it is a LED-lit LCD, maybe the corner LEDs are on a separate circuit from the rest of the LED lighting and one of the LEDs has died. Replacing backlight LEDs would involve extensive dis-assembly to get at the LED strips.

Possibly fixable but beyond most people's skills. The panel may not survive dis-assembly, repair and re-assembly.

Solution