New pc build Windows is deleting itself

Jul 15, 2018
Ok so I just built my new pc and I installed windows via usb. Idk if you guys have seen pauls hardware first 5 things to do with a new pc build but I did what he said as theia is my first build. I installed it and it was fine but when I installed the drivers that I downloaded off of gigabyte. It crashed.when I turn the pc back on it says insert proper boot device or is not found. So I started over and now the blue spinning wheel where the mouse cursor is started spinning forever which the pc eventually crashed. Then I started over a 3rd time and now I cant even install windows on my ssd as I did the first 2 times. It says its not compatable or it cant be located there. Which is dumb because I did it the first 2 times. So how can I fix this and boot windows and not have it crash. And also why are the drivers doing that.(I'm assuing they are the problem) I downlaoaded the ones Paul said. This is the last ditch effort before I go to a pc repair place and pay them whatever it takes because I'm done. Microsoft support doesnt help 1 bit they only waste time. I built the pc to play games and havent even played a game yet. I'm done and am willing to pay someone but I thought I should try here first.

Welcome to Tom's!
After installing windows from the USB stick, did you remove the stick before re-booting? Also, you may have to go into the BIOS and check the boot order. Make sure that the SSD is the first device in the boot order.

Jul 15, 2018

When you installed Windows, was the SSD the ONLY drive connected to the motherboard? Best practices would suggest that you only attach the 2TB drive AFTER you installed and updated Windows, and updated the chipset (motherboard) and video drivers.

Jul 15, 2018

The main reason for doing it that way is to insure that updates and drivers are installed correctly.
Remove the power cable from the Seagate drive, and start over on the Windows install. Set the PC BIOS to boot from the USB in the boot order. Do a clean install (you may have to format the SSD).

Jul 15, 2018

Jul 15, 2018

Jul 15, 2018