Clock_watchdog_timeout BSOD even after fresh windows install

bolciendt

Honorable
Aug 17, 2017
My fathers PC has run into a major issue. It keeps spitting out a "Clock_watchdog_timeout" BSOD even after a fresh install of windows, and when tried to refresh even reinstall it spits out the same BSOD and has rendered his PC impossible to use.

Symptoms before hand: just didn't run properly, wouldn't run programs, would freeze.
Symptoms now: BSODs after 5-10 minutes now.

system spec:
Board: Asus Crosshair hero VI x370
CPU: Ryzen 1800x
RAM: 64GB Vengeance
GPU: 2 x GTX970 in sli config
Storage: 240GB Kingston SSD
2x2TB Seagate HDDs in RAID 0 (I think it's 0)

Current running theory: I think the CPU got a little toasted during a T-storm a few weeks back as his work laptop battery was swelled up and had a similar freezing issue, but w/o the BSODs and was noticed on Monday and they are on the same surge protector. However the laptop was working just fine on AC power so could be nothing.

Any help would be apprciated in helping figure this out. Right now I suspect it's the CPU and getting the info needed to make a warranty claim on the processor.

Edit:

Please add the directory C:\Windows\Minidump into a new ZIP or RAR file and share it here. Use any file hosting service you wish... OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This will allow us to properly analyze the dumps to determine the cause.

If there are no Dump files present in C:\Windows\Minidump, please follow Option One at the following link, and use the Small Memory Dump option when setting the "Write debugging information" drop down menu:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

Alternatively, you can download this registry file to complete the change for you:

https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/17693d1429994544-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a-create_minidump_on_bsod.reg

make sure your dad pc has the newest bios file to see if it a bios issue. if he has a test video card try using less power see if the power supply took the hit and now is not outputing clean power. use hardware info to watch the power and temps of the system.

bolciendt

Honorable
Aug 17, 2017
unfortunately a dump file is impossible as access to windows isn't long enough before it bsods, We decided to just RMA the CPU as everything done points to it.

bolciendt

Honorable
Aug 17, 2017
an update to this issue. We replaced the MoBo, CPU (under warrenty) and got a new SSD (old one was 4 years old and heavily used) and still the problem persists and I'm running out of hardware to check. The RAM was tested in my system and passed with flying colors. the original SSD caused my system to do the Clock_watchdog_timeout BSoD but nwo that it's replaced, it's still an issue. My next step is to take it to some one who actually has the equipment to do what I'm doing...