Monitor advice please

MrYossu

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
I'm looking to replace a monitor, and was looking for one that runs at 3840 x 2160, mainly as this seems to be the max res within my budget. I'm a software developer, so res is important, but I don't play games or watch videos, so high-end graphics are not.

Whilst on Dell's site (to check the specs of the one to be replaced), I saw a S2817Q, for £249 (inc VAT).

Looking on amazon for similar monitors (same res, 4 stars and up, max £310) showed 7 results, all of which were a higher price, and none of which seemed to be noticeably better. The same Dell monitor there was quite a bit more expensive as well.

So, have I found a good deal, or did I miss something?

I'm not hardware expert at all, so please be gentle, but feel free to point out anything I may have missed.

In case it's relevant I have an AMD FirePro w4100 card, which is also supporting the following monitors...

Asus PB278Q (2560 x 14400
AOC V22 (1920 x 1080)
Dell E2311H (1920 x 1080)

The new monitor will replace a faulty Dell U2311H (1920 x 1080).

Thanks

Solution
In case you spend much time in front of the monitor eye strain decreasing features could be useful. The Dell S2817Q you are planning to buy is flicker-free, maybe low blue light emission feature would be nice.
The LG 27UD58-B has both and is within your price range. You can read some customer reviews here.
Otherwise I see no major difference between the models.

MrYossu

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
Thanks for the reply. As I said, I'm no hardware expert, so I don't know. As far as I can see, the other ones don't have any features that I need, but I don't know. That's what I was hoping someone here could advise.

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
In case you spend much time in front of the monitor eye strain decreasing features could be useful. The Dell S2817Q you are planning to buy is flicker-free, maybe low blue light emission feature would be nice.
The LG 27UD58-B has both and is within your price range. You can read some customer reviews here.
Otherwise I see no major difference between the models.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS