Windows PC keeps restarting

HelloJon

Reputable
May 4, 2017
For some odd reason my pc keeps restarting. It doesnt seem to crash becasue it doesnt give me any error reports or anything like it ususally does it just restarts. It also seems to only happen when Im afk for a while or I try to launch a game for the first time after shutdown. It also seems to install stuff becasue it always says setup 2 out of 7 or something similar.

This started happening after I got a new windows update notification that said “its good to change” or something like that inplying it was a bigger update. I said remind me later and then it never showed up again.

What could be causing this? Is it crashing or just bugging out and restarting randomly?

Solution
Hard to say at this point, but the system may be automatically rebooting as soon as it bluescreens.

Check to see if you have a folder in C:\Windows called Minidump. If so, please add the whole folder into a new ZIP or RAR file and share it here. Use any file hosting service you wish... OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This will allow us to properly analyze the dumps to help determine the cause.

If there are no Dump files present in C:\Windows\Minidump, please follow Option One at the following link, and use the Small Memory Dump option when setting the "Write debugging information" drop down menu:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

Alternatively, you can download this...
Hard to say at this point, but the system may be automatically rebooting as soon as it bluescreens.

Check to see if you have a folder in C:\Windows called Minidump. If so, please add the whole folder into a new ZIP or RAR file and share it here. Use any file hosting service you wish... OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This will allow us to properly analyze the dumps to help determine the cause.

If there are no Dump files present in C:\Windows\Minidump, please follow Option One at the following link, and use the Small Memory Dump option when setting the "Write debugging information" drop down menu:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

Alternatively, you can download this registry file to complete the change for you.

Solution