ASUS 1070 STRIX OC Glitches & Bugs

Nigel Thornberry11

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
Hey guys,
So as the title states I've recently completed my new pc build, having encountered issues with what I assume to be my GPU (ASUS 1070 STRIX OC).
Almost every game I've installed and attempted to play on my pc has shown multiple glitches and bugs, not to mention occasional crashes as well.. I will point out, every part is new, EXCEPT for the GPU as someone on eBay had multiple listed and I pciked up one of them. Temperatures seem perfectly fine (Not exceeding 70 deg celcius when at full load) and card is not overclocked past factory settings. Also, all games run perfectly fine with solid and stable framerates, so no running issues at all. Here are Images which I managed to capture showing a FEW examples of my below descriptions.. https://imgur.com/a/N3RtADY

So glithes and bugs specifically found in Forza Motorsport 7 (red flashing lights around environment, graphical glitches like objects or buildings with warping and stretched shapes, black boxes which sometimes have been big enough to cover the entire car in front, and finally what looks like small pixels of unrendered frames which are also prominent when alt tabbed from game and show red when on a webpage and game is still running).

The second is in fortnite, where sparkle like textures cover the screen and warp with movement, my screen has gone permanently green as if I've eqipped night vision goggles (only in game and not alt tab) and other bugs like bright lights in the game (sun or solar textures within the map being stretched and blinding making it unplayable)

Do these issues sound and look like a faulty GPU? I've tried searching and found nothing on similar problems.
Any help is appreciated!! :wahoo: Thanks

jerrylee22

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Did you try using a different display port or HDMI cord and/or try plugging them into every port on the back? Did you try another monitor?
You could try to reseat the graphics card on the PCIe 16x slot, and ensure the power cables are fully connected and that your power supply is adequate for your system load and is functioning to specifications.
What is your refresh rate on your monitor and how many FPS are you getting (are you using VSync)? If you're getting, say, 140 FPS but only have a 60hz monitor, you may be getting considerable amounts of screen tearing and some rendering issues, despite your card being fine. This also seems to be worse in some games more than others (even with similar graphics loads).
Otherwise, did you even TRY underclocking the card? The card IS factory overclocked, and if it has inferior architecture and wasn't properly tested OR was damaged during shipping, it may not perform as expected, and this will help you diagnose it. In that case, you may have to get a new one.

Nigel Thornberry11

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
I'd already tried changing display ports, cables etc. My monitor is ASUS PG278Q (144Hz RR)
Might give restting the card a go. I'm almost certain the psu is enough for my setup (EVGA 550W G3 which others with identical setup on pcpartpicker have said it's more than enough).
I always have it on either 120Hz or 144Hz Refresh rate and Fps is around 100+ for every game I play. Tried with both V-Sync on and off as well.
I haven't underclocked it yet so if that seems to fix the bugs and issues I'm experiencing in game then that'll be my answer, otherwise yes.. Returning for a new card it will be. Thanks for you help and suggestions! I'll update if any of these resolve the issues :)

TRENDING THREADS