Videos are laggy and stutter

• Thread starter Deleted member 2589563
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2589563

For some reason I can't get videos to play on my new computer.

I've played the same video a number of players including VLC, Films & TV, Windows Media Player, 5KPlayer, PowerDVD and I have even uploaded videos to YouTube for testing and opened it up in a video editor called HitFilm Express.

I have downloaded the K-lite codec pack and the CCCP codec pack which did nothing.

I have messed around with a number of settings in VLC player with no luck.

The they lag and stutter in different places every time and lag differently on some of the players so it's not the video file.

It lags in HitFilm Express.

It plays almost flawlessly in 5KPlayer and super close the flawlessly in PowerDVD.

But the strangest part is that it plays 100% flawlessly once I upload it to YouTube.

Plays fine on my Macbook Air.

Can anyone think of what the problem could possibly be?

Specs
i7 8700
16 GB RAM
1080 Ti OC
Windows 10 home 64-bit

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
If you're using VLC, you don't need to download k-lite. According to VLC, they use their own codecs and will never utilize the others.

You could try an experimental or nightly build of VLC, if they have one available and see if the problem goes away. Sounds like your issue is isolated to VLC, so you might want to snoop around their support boards if you don't find an answer here.

D

Deleted member 2589563

The issue is not isolated to VLC, I have the same issue with other plays but they lag in different ways and in different spots.