Monitors go white, keyboard inputs are ignored, not connected to internet/networking, and reset button is ignored

yoshithemajorr

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
Hello fellow people of Tom's Hardware,
As per the title, randomly my desktop screens go white, ignoring everything, with the only way of fixing it is holding down the power button to force it off or switching off power on the power supply. The issue started shortly after the rollback period going back to the Fall Creators Update (as in from April 2018 to Fall Creators Update.) However, what I presume it to be is something related to the lock screen. I have dynamic lock enabled, as in where I can lock my desktop via my phone and my bluetooth adapter. I hope that I've attached the picture correctly, because it helps demonstrate what the issue looks like. Next time I get the issue I'll record it to show different attempts that I do. I realize that Windows 10 April 2018 update had an issue with Intel SSDs that required a BIOS update, but I've already updated the BIOS to the latest version because, while I don't have an Intel SSD, the issue might be related to that.
Dz25CfP.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC? show us a parts listing

So keyboard stays on? Its not that they lose power or anything.

I can't say I have ever heard of white screen of death before
1 fix is to remove all extra USB devices that don't need to be plugged in, it might be a USB device causing it.

Try running in safe mode and see if same thing happens
right click start
choose settings
go to update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
this loads windows recovery environement
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose safe mode with networking by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

this will tell us if its a 3rd party app or drivers causing the issue

Update GPU drivers

Run windows update

TRENDING THREADS