Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2018
Recently while starting up my laptop I landed into " please select boot device" menu and had to manually select the windows boot manager to boot Windows and everytime I start my laptop I have to press enter to make sure the windows boots up.
I have only one os installed on the laptop which is windows 10.
I have updated the bios and all software and also did a PC reset and setting bios to defaults but it can't seem to have rectify the issue.
Can anybody suggest me what should I do ?
What should I do make sure this happens automatically during startup?
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
My laptop is Asus notebook S510UN-Bq122t.
Ram: 8gb
Processor: i5 8th gen

Reactions: chavipanwar
Jul 18, 2018

There's only one option i.e the windows boot loader and nothing else and I checked to make sure of that there's nothing else like "windows 10 safe mode" in the option. I checked in both
1)system advanced setting and
2) msconfig

That is not something you change when you have already booted into Windows.
It has to be done in the BIOS, when the system powers on. You mentioned that you changed "...BIOS to default..." so you know how to access the BIOS
Press F2, repeatedly, as soon as you power on to enter BIOS.
While in the BIOS configuration, change boot order (BOOT priority) by selecting Windows Boot Manager or the disk drive as the first boot option. Depending on the BIOS version, it could under the 'Boot' tab.

Jul 18, 2018

Jul 18, 2018

I understand what you mean, but since there's only one option in the boot menu, windows boot manager is already set as top priority.
There's only one hard disk and one OS on it, and it's on top priority. Is there any problem with my bios battery or something else.
I'm not able to figure it out.
Should I recreate the boot manager with the help of bootrec using a bootable version of Windows through USB ?
Any suggestions ?
Thank you for such quick response

Status
Not open for further replies.