Sound Not Plugged In Issue

OGPenguins

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Hey guys today I installed a new graphics card and power supply and everything was running fine until I tried to turn he sound up on my computer and I realized that there was an X next to the icon. I have my headphones plugged in to my case but it says nothing is plugged in. I will have a screenshot of the Icon and the screen that pops up when I click on the little sound Icon

http://

http://

Solution

Hello again

Yes, it is a possibility. However, the changes are almost none. Looks like there is some other configuration problem or device conflict.

Although a long shot, can you please try uninstalling the graphics driver and see if it re-enables the sound? Also, please detach the current headphone and, if possible, try connecting a different one or a speaker and see if the issue persists.

You can also try downloading a fresh driver from the sound card's vendor's official web site and trying installing it afresh.

Cheers!!
Hello OGPenguins

Can you please check and confirm that the Windows Audio service is running? You can do this by typing SERVICES.MSC in the Cortana search box, double-clicking the Windows Audio service, and checking the Service status label on the General tab.

If the Service status is Stopped, please ensure that Automatic is selected in the Startup type drop-down list, and click Start.

You can also:

> Right-click the Speaker icon in the notification area.

> Click Sounds.

> Go to the Playback tab.

> Right-click your headphone from the list and click Enable.

> Save the changes and restart the computer if needed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

OGPenguins

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Hi Vivek thank you for the reply, my windows audio service is running and on automatic but when I go to my playback devices it wont let me enable my headphones because it says they are unplugged, but im positive they are plugged in. Once again thank you for your time

Hello again OGPenguins

Can you please try disabling and then re-enabling your Sound Card from the Device Manager?

If that doesn't help, please try uninstalling the sound driver, and then re-installing it from the scratch.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

Hello again OGPenguins

To uninstall the sound driver, you can go to Device Manager, expand the Sound, video and game controllers tree, right-click your sound card, and click Uninstall device.

Good Luck!! :)

Hello again

Yes, it is a possibility. However, the changes are almost none. Looks like there is some other configuration problem or device conflict.

Although a long shot, can you please try uninstalling the graphics driver and see if it re-enables the sound? Also, please detach the current headphone and, if possible, try connecting a different one or a speaker and see if the issue persists.

You can also try downloading a fresh driver from the sound card's vendor's official web site and trying installing it afresh.

Cheers!!

Solution