Better buy; 75hz monitor with Freesync or 144hz monitor without Freesync?

RageKage14

Reputable
May 8, 2014
I'm wondering how useful of a feature Freesync is. I don't have any experience with adaptive sync monitors.

I have an RX 580 8GB that is capable of Freesync and I really want to use the feature, but i'm wondering if it's good enough to give up 144hz for.

Solution
there are other factors affects display quality.

also, it has to do with the game you play. if you play lots of online fps game, 144 will give you en edge.

75hz with adaptive sync give you less screen tear, which improves visual quality when you play any triple AAA single player title,

if you can link the model and make of the two, as well as the game you play. we can give you a better suggestion.
there are other factors affects display quality.

also, it has to do with the game you play. if you play lots of online fps game, 144 will give you en edge.

75hz with adaptive sync give you less screen tear, which improves visual quality when you play any triple AAA single player title,

if you can link the model and make of the two, as well as the game you play. we can give you a better suggestion.

Solution

kgt1182

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
Get the 144 Hz. Unless you want super smooth cinematic grade flow, 144 Hz is very fluid and responsive, has low frequency, and is used as the standard monitor for professional eSports gaming tournaments.

The 144 Hz is better, if its IPS/VA. If its TN, then you probably would rather take the 75Hz one because TN has bad colour.