0x8007045D Error code while fresh installing Windows 10

Miner06er

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I have tried to re-install windows 10 because my y computer wasn't working. So I go through all the steps and the windows installer was going through the "getting files ready for installation" step. I got to 93% and then I got this error code "Windows cannot install required file. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007045D". I am not using UEFI mode because when I do I get this different error code, "Windows could not set the offline locale information. Error code 0x0Fe0000". I am also using the official windows 10 drive stick that I had bought from a store. I don't know what to do, any help would be appreciated. I am not that good with technical lingo and such, so if you could dummy down your answers that would be amazing. Here are my specs if you need them.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 (I know, its an old one)
MOBO: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Radeon R9 270x
HDD: Just some 1TB drive

Solution
2: kd> !error 0x8007045D
Error code: (HRESULT) 0x8007045d (2147943517) - The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

I would run crystaldiskinfo.exe and check the drives to see if they are failing.
I would update the BIOS and the motherboard drivers (cpu chipset driver and any usb 3.x drivers)

you might doing a usb install of windows from a usb 2.x port from the back of the machine.
if you are wiping the drive you should do a full format of the drive so that bad sectors are marked as bad.

you might put the sata drive cable on a different drive controller. one supported directly by the cpu (most often the slower controller) I would also put the sata data cable on a low number port since some ports have...
download the newest usb iso from microsoft using there media creation tool. make a bootable memtest usb stick run it over night. if there errors try 1/2 ram if 1/2 ram passes make sure the mb bios is up to date and then download the chipset drivers from amd web page. when windows 10 install starts hit f6 and instal the amd drivers from a folder driver thta you make on windows install usb stick.

2: kd> !error 0x8007045D
Error code: (HRESULT) 0x8007045d (2147943517) - The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

I would run crystaldiskinfo.exe and check the drives to see if they are failing.
I would update the BIOS and the motherboard drivers (cpu chipset driver and any usb 3.x drivers)

you might doing a usb install of windows from a usb 2.x port from the back of the machine.
if you are wiping the drive you should do a full format of the drive so that bad sectors are marked as bad.

you might put the sata drive cable on a different drive controller. one supported directly by the cpu (most often the slower controller) I would also put the sata data cable on a low number port since some ports have special configurations. ie port 0 rather than port 5

Solution