How to Choose a PC Monitor

Learn how to pick the best PC monitor, whether your focus is gaming, professional or general use.

How to Choose a PC Monitor : Read more
9 answers Last reply
More about choose monitor
  1. 1- You did not talk about screen bleeding in IPS panels.

2- you did not talk about HDR , HDR 10 , HDR 2020 , Dolby HDR .

3- you did not talk about I/O

4- you did not talk about speakers with Monitors.

5- you did not talk about Pivot option

6- You did not talk about Vesa Options and mounting.

7- you did not talk about slim to zero bezel monitors

8- you did not talk about FRC , and if the panel is true color or lower + FRC , and why most gaming Panels use FRC .

Good Article needs Part 2.
  2. Your eyeballs don't see in "curves", if something is straight, you see it as straight. The curve of a monitor distorts how your eye and brain naturally see things. The point of a curve monitor is to wrap an image around your head to more fully fill your field of view, but doing this distorts things that should look straight into looking curved.
  3. The article says:

Quote:
    Monitors targeting gamers often have the option of Nvidia G-Sync or AMD FreeSync. While these will boost the refresh rate of your monitor, it’ll also add to the price tag.

I think a lot of people reading that would think you're saying G-Sync and FreeSync in some way increase monitor refresh rates.
  4. newsonline.4000000 said:
    1- You did not talk about screen bleeding in IPS panels.

2- you did not talk about HDR , HDR 10 , HDR 2020 , Dolby HDR .

3- you did not talk about I/O

4- you did not talk about speakers with Monitors.

5- you did not talk about Pivot option

6- You did not talk about Vesa Options and mounting.

7- you did not talk about slim to zero bezel monitors

8- you did not talk about FRC , and if the panel is true color or lower + FRC , and why most gaming Panels use FRC .

Good Article needs Part 2.

9- you did not talk about sluggish GTG response time in VA panels, causing dark smudging in darker areas while gaming
  5. According to this article, then the best all-round monitor would be Samsung CHG70.
  6. what is the best monitor for 3d max or 3d modelling & rendering purpose ? in 24-27 in ch size
  7. 10- You did not talk about gloss, anti-glare, anti-reflective, and matte.
  8. Bottom line for general and entertainment use (sound is also impt. to me) is one monitor better or harder on the eyes than another ? Now a days they are warning against blue light and it messing with the brain and hormones. I'm not a techy tho I know PCs, nor am I a doctor but I know enough to have a conversation about health and nutrition. I just need to replace my POS HP AIO 5 yr old desktop with anything but another HP anything; am willing to spend some money for a good machine but at this rate, I will never buy anything because the research I've done is dizzying, the tech specs for everything from iods to the cord have become so specific I just end up leaving w/the dogg, return w/a sandwich and listen to music w/TV on. Just forget about getting work done or finishing the piles of financial and Word projects I could be working on but cannot .
  9. A full hd display is 1920x1080, Is it supposed that for a 2k, 4k and higher resolutions suppose to be increase in the second value of the resolution? (Ex. zzzz X 2k, 4k values)
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors Buyer's Guides