Monitor keeps going black briefly

Ozone123

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
I have two monitors connected to my GTX 1060 and the one I use as my main monitor to play games on and such keeps going black for a few seconds every so often. I'll be playing and it'll randomly go black for a few second then come back. During this time my second monitor stays on and works fine, it does't lose signal. The main monitor will also occasionally have a weird, multi-color line go through the center of it, from side to side. It's very thin, and you'd miss it if you weren't looking for it (This is only on the desktop I've noticed, in game it'll just flash black). I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cables, making sure they are tight enough and fully plugged in. Typing this right now, it literally just flashed black for a few seconds on my main monitor but I was still able to type on my second monitor. I've also tried cleaning out some of the dust in my computer, on the fans and around the graphics card, and made sure that the card was being powered by the power supply. On top of that, i noticed I had a driver update available and downloaded and installed it but after it was complete the problem still occurs. I'm at a loss of what to do, no one else seems to have the same problem but others with similar problems have had theirs solved by replacing the graphics card or monitor itself. I really hope that's not the case. Give me good news, please and thank you!