MSI Optix G24C Stuttering on Desktop w/ DisplayPort

Jul 23, 2018
So I just bought a brand new 144hz Freesync monitor as in the title above. The monitor works fine over HDMI, but as soon as I plug in the DisplayPort, my mouse cursor and other processes on the screen will stop every 2 secs or so and then continue after a second of no input. It's predictable, but I don't know what's causing it. This is my first 144hz monitor, and I'm running it off an XFX RX480 8GB RS, OC'd to 1344 MHz, and 2200 MHz memory clock. Like I said, with HDMI, it works fine, just not at 144 Hz. With DP, it says it's running at 143.96 Hz, but I'm getting chop every 2 secs about.

PC Specs:

MSI Z170A-PRO MoBo
Intel Core i5-6600k OC'd to 4.5 GHz
XFX AMD RX480 8GB OC'd to 1344 MHz base clock, 2200 MHz memory clock (9000MHz total)
Corsair Neutron 480 SSD
Geil EVO Potenza 2 x 8 GB @ 2400 MHz

What I've tried:

Enabling and Disabling GPU Scaling
Enabling and Disabling V-Sync
Enabling and Disabling FreeSync
Restarting PC and Monitor and plugging in the monitor before and after boot up.
Updating Graphics Drivers

Does anyone have any idea what's otg, or have any more suggestions to get rid of the stutter? Not sure if it will work smoothly in games, as I didn't have time to test it before I had to go to work, but I'd like to get it working properly in all instances at my desktop anyway. Could this be an issue with the DisplayPort in my GPU or Monitor? I've never used DisplayPort before, as my previous monitor only had HDMI and DVI; so it's possible that it's been bad the entire time I've had this computer I suppose, although the GPU works flawlessly otherwise, and I've never had any trouble with it before.

To be clear, I am running a single monitor setup, not dual like most people with stuttering/lag issues.

Solution
Problem Solved, After work I did some more fiddling and completely removed my AMD drivers and software. Immediately fixed the issue. When I reinstalled them, everything seems to be working totally normal now. Must have been a bad version of the drivers or something.
Jul 23, 2018
Problem Solved, After work I did some more fiddling and completely removed my AMD drivers and software. Immediately fixed the issue. When I reinstalled them, everything seems to be working totally normal now. Must have been a bad version of the drivers or something.

Reactions: fluidz
Solution