PC booting very slow or freezing at boot after July 2018 Windows Feature Update

Jul 23, 2018
So just a few days ago I booted my custom PC which is running Windows 10 Professional 64bit (which typically boots in under a minute) and there was a Windows Feature Update that installed and after installing and rebooting my pc worked fine, and that was really the only thing I did during that session, and i shut it down and now today it gets to the login screen, but takes longer and after logging in it’s just a black screen, with the mouse moveable, but does nothing and the CPU activity light on the case is staying solid blue. I am assuming it has to be because of the update but has anyone recently done the same and experienced this? If so have you found a way to correct it? I have a lot of stuff I can’t afford to lose by recovering and reinstalling windows. I know I need a backup but i’m highly a budget pc user. If I can ever get into the desktop I can see what KB# the update was as well as my exact build and version number. Thanks!

Update: after about 25 min of waiting it went from black screen to my desktop so going to check out msc services and startup programs and worst case try to find a way to reinstall my last version of windows or something

TRENDING THREADS