Which Card Is Newer?

startropic1

Honorable
Oct 18, 2017
I've got a couple older graphics cards here, I'm just trying to figure out which of the two is newer/better. (These are both quite old and are not for my main 64-bit PC, so there's no need to tell me how massively inadequate they are for a 2018 PC. I already know. I'm working on some older builds.)

One is an ATI Radeon X1600, and the other I can only identify as ASUS AD-RV610LE, (but I believe it's also a Radeon.) At first glance I thought the X1600 was the better card, and it does have more RAM on it than the ASUS card. Both seem to be PCIe and have both VGA & DVI ports. (Although the ASUS card also has an S-Video port.)
The ASUS card seems to have better performance despite having less RAM, so I'm a little puzzled.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The ATi Radeon X1600 Pro PCI-E was released in 2005-10-05.

The ASUS AD-RV610LE is a ASUS ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro, I believe. See if GPU-Z can further ID it. If I'm correct, it is the newer card released in 2007-06-28. Specs comparison.

Depending on whether the X1600 is the Pro or the XT, Tom's hierarchy chart ranks the 1600X one of two tiers higher than the HD 2400 Pro