Help me choose a 1440p 144hz monitor!

webshow202

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
So I was just about to buy a monitor but I decided to cancel but I have 4 or 5 monitors I was looking at.

I want a 1440p 144hz monitor I'm only looking to spend $400 so here we go

1. MSI Optix MAG27CQ
2. Acer XZ271U
3. Dell S2417DG
4. Pixio New PX277
5. VIOTEK GN27D

Now G Sync sounds nice but with this price point I think a 27 inch would be better but I'm not sure that's why the Dell is there. I really want to tell myself I can use another TN but I think I want a VA panel. I was about to buy the MAG27CQ but I just wanted some suggestions before biting the bullet.

Solution
I needed a monitor and i ended up getting a Asus PG348Q, from ebay for £450 which was a great deal. Its a ultrawide, 100hz, ips panel with G sync. It does have some light bleed in the corners on a black screen but you never notice it when gaming and watching movies. I do hope developers would utilise the ultra wide screen aspect ratio as playing games in ultra wide is excellent. I even got the original purchase receipt if i need to claim on the warranty. I wish it was 144hz but i am very happy with it and works well with my Gtx 1080. Keep on ebay or craigslist and you might get lucky like me.

Acidtest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
The 27" version of the Dell isn't much over $400 right now ($460 on Amazon). With Labor Day approaching, maybe there will be a sale or coupon somewhere to help. It's got great reviews.

Jul 24, 2018
I needed a monitor and i ended up getting a Asus PG348Q, from ebay for £450 which was a great deal. Its a ultrawide, 100hz, ips panel with G sync. It does have some light bleed in the corners on a black screen but you never notice it when gaming and watching movies. I do hope developers would utilise the ultra wide screen aspect ratio as playing games in ultra wide is excellent. I even got the original purchase receipt if i need to claim on the warranty. I wish it was 144hz but i am very happy with it and works well with my Gtx 1080. Keep on ebay or craigslist and you might get lucky like me.

Solution