Help for what monitor to buy for multimedia,some gaming and AutoCad

Jul 25, 2018
Sorry for the post and trouble. I read your guide about monitor and I feel you are the ones who will take me out of my dilemma.

I am looking for a 24” 2K monitor. Use for multimedia, gaming (like football manager or some GTA V and always NOT online)
Also my wife wants to use it for Autocad.
Gpu: Msi GeForce gtx 1060 3gb.

After long search and your guide I found 2 monitors. Which one should I get?

Samsung S24H850 & BenQ BL2420PT.

Ps: Will my gpu handle normal use for 2K monitor and gaming? (Gaming NOT on ultra settings of course and generally gaming isn’t a priority). Please help me you are my only hope!

Solution
The basics on choosing monitors for CAD.
1. as big as possible. 27" should be your minimum.
2. as high as resolution you can get. every extra pixel real estate will be beneficial. Take either 2k or 4k.
I would look at none of your monitors.
I would start with something like:
Dell U2715H
Dell U3415W
ASUS PB278QR
Del P4317Q <-- not among the best monitors out there but for the price range, it is ok
Philips BDM4350UC
You can game on those too but do not expect something like 144Hz.
If you like a monitor, which is also good for gaming:
ASUS PG279QR
Acer XB271HU

If you want extra fps, if your GPU struggles to deliver enough fps on such resolution, you can always set the games to 1080p.

Your GPU can handle the monitors.

Hover your mouse...
as a gamer and engineer myself (yes i also use autocad), I can tell you... you don't want a 2k monitor for 24 inch.
the dots become so tiny, and so will the icons be. that it becomes really frustrating to click on.

so grab yourself a 27 inch monitor at least, full hd on 1080 is sharp enough.

so none of those 2 monitors you're looking at.

yes it will handle 2k gaming at medium settings, or ultra full hd.

The basics on choosing monitors for CAD.
1. as big as possible. 27" should be your minimum.
2. as high as resolution you can get. every extra pixel real estate will be beneficial. Take either 2k or 4k.
I would look at none of your monitors.
I would start with something like:
Dell U2715H
Dell U3415W
ASUS PB278QR
Del P4317Q <-- not among the best monitors out there but for the price range, it is ok
Philips BDM4350UC
You can game on those too but do not expect something like 144Hz.
If you like a monitor, which is also good for gaming:
ASUS PG279QR
Acer XB271HU

If you want extra fps, if your GPU struggles to deliver enough fps on such resolution, you can always set the games to 1080p.

Your GPU can handle the monitors.

Hover your mouse over my avatar, you can see which monitors, I currently use. Those 2 are quite good for CAD.

Solution