IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen Windows 10 (64 bit)

ajirebardyn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015
Hello
recently i'm getting wierd blue screens. It's not so often, but it happend once upon the time. Normally I ignore them and using my computer as if nothing had happend.

Today i decided to ask u what causes this kind of problems. This is my first time i got this type of blue screen, earlier I got something like "page fault in nonpaged area". And it happend two maybe three times. My computer is fully new and I doubt it foulty hardware. I have even scanned Ram with memtest86 and it showed 0 errors.

But lets talk about my new blue screens. This is my memory.dmp file and some screens.

http://

http://

If it's necessary to upload whole file, just say.

This is my fully build of PC:

SSD: GOODRAM 240GB 2,5" SSD MLC IRDM PRO (GEN2)

PSU: Seasonic 620W S12II 80 Plus Bronze BOX

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz

HDD: Toshiba 1TB 7200obr. 64MB P300 OEM

Case: SilentiumPC Gladius M35W Pure Black z oknem

RAM: G.SKILL 16GB 3000MHz Ripjaws V Black CL15 (2x8GB)

GPU: Inno3D GeForce GTX 1060 IChill X3 V2 6GB GDDR5

MoBo: MSI B350M MORTAR (2xPCI-E DDR4 USB3.1/M.2)

Thanks for help in advance :)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Reading dump files is far from my area of expertise.

BUT, the IRQ not less message is pretty common following Windows upgrades.... or when transferring an HDD/SSD with an OS installed to new hardware.

This is a new system, but is there also a clean OS install to go along with it?

ajirebardyn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015
This is OS from DreamSpark and it's fully original. What do u mean by "clean OS install"? I have installed it on SSD and there is nothing except some sort of ms software like Skype

stdragon

Admirable
That specific BSOD error (Stop: 0x0000000a) is in reference to the kernel itself miscalculating an instruction. Unless a driver or DLL is referenced, this is almost always hardware related.

In most cases, it's either bad RAM, or improper / Overclocked RAM where it's clocked or under/over volted in such a away as to throw bit-flips. Ditto for the CPU as well.

I'd recommend running a Memtest86 from boot flash-drive and let it run the extended test. This could take several hours. I'd recommend letting it run as many passes as possible over a 24 hour period.

ajirebardyn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015
"Did you install the OS directly to this current configuration of hardware? Or was it previously installed on another set of hardware, where you just unplugged the SSD and connected it to this system?"

Yeah of course I've installed it directly to this PC. I wasn't installing it on another device

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Ok, just checking. You'd be surprised how many people just grab their old SSD (or HDD) and hook it up to a new system and expect everything to just "work".

Usually takes a while to troubleshoot a problem when that's the case; that's why I asked.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, can you copy the minidump files from C:\Windows\minidump to your desktop (or documents folder) then upload them to a file sharing service and provide us the link so we can review them? You can use Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or SendSpace (which doesn't require a registration).

ajirebardyn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015

I made memtest86 and it showed 0 errors but it last only 30 min, maybe 40. You recommend to leave it on 24 hrs? Btw my ram is on stock speed - 3000 mhz and it's stable i think. I usually got blue screens during watchin movie or surfing internet, sometimes when playing Dota. Never when I'm playing demandign games like Wticher, Doom or Total War

stdragon

Admirable
I'm thinking your RAM is ok at the silicon. Otherwise, you would have a persistent error if it's specifically in an address, and throws an error all the time when running a memtest.

No, what I think it going on is either timing or voltage with the RAM or CPU

At worst, it's a CPU issue (but highly unlikely, but there still a non-zero chance it could be)

That said, yes, let it run the extended test version, and then let it run infinite passes within a 24 hour period. If a timing error or whatnot is to occur, at least one error would be logged.

ajirebardyn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015
do u think I should make also CPU test? I made several GPU benchamark test, but never up to 24 hrs

In my opinion win 10 causes all this issues. Previously when i have been using win 7 never had similar bsods... but my new rig doesn't support win 7

stdragon

Admirable

That's right, it's new hardware. What makes you think it's an OS issue and not with the new hardware? Just because it's new doesn't mean it can't be faulty from the get-go. Mistakes happen in the manufacturing process all the time.

I doubt it's a GPU error as the drivers are User Mode and not kernel. As such a faulty GPU wouldn't generate that type of BSOD.

It's much more likely to be CPU, RAM, or MB.

If you haven't already done so, be sure your BIOS is up to date.

ajirebardyn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015

I will for sure, big thanks for this tip

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information:

File: MEMORY.DMP (Jul 26 2018 - 12:47:52)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 8 Day(s), 23 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 16 Sec(s)

Memory.dmp files usually give my debugger problems, this one was no different. Alot of errors with some useful information. It didn't point to a specific driver. Minidumps usually provide better information (for me anyway). Others on here may be able to get better info from the memory.dmp so it's good that you posted it.

Motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-MORTAR.html
You are using BIOS version 1D. The latest is version 1F. Verify this information before attempting to update.
Update intrustions from MSI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRyFMf0D9Lc
Note: Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

ajirebardyn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015
Well, prime95 didn't find nothing suspicious, results.txt contains following content:
[Thu Jul 26 23:13:07 2018]
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!
Self-test 320K passed!

Am I using it wrong?

ajirebardyn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015
Hello again
i had very busy days recently and didnt have time for testing. Today i ran prime and got wierd error: FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0,4996862447, expected less then 0.4. What does it mean? Should i worry? Moreover sometimes when i forgot to switch my all fans games exit without any error but temps are looking good 65-71 °C on my CPU, GPU always under 65 °C, so what is going on?

Btw
I've got 75-76 °C when Prime95 is running. Should i leave it overnight? Nothing gonna damage? I was testing 1 hour and meanwhile browsing web and 0 problems, except this one wierd error on worker 4.