Windows Setup Loop

Jul 18, 2018
I have a hard drive in my computer with Ubuntu installed on it and i want to install windows 10 on it5. When i go into the setup menu I click next on the installation then it restarts.

Solution
Hello alottadumspam

After Windows Setup restarts your computer, please make sure to set hard disk as first boot device in BIOS.

If the installation media is set as first boot device instead, the installation will begin from the start as the computer boots up.

Also, if your computer says "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD" during the first restart after initial setup, please do not press any key as it would start the installation process from the beginning.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!
Hello alottadumspam

After Windows Setup restarts your computer, please make sure to set hard disk as first boot device in BIOS.

If the installation media is set as first boot device instead, the installation will begin from the start as the computer boots up.

Also, if your computer says "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD" during the first restart after initial setup, please do not press any key as it would start the installation process from the beginning.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Solution