Goku Kakkarot

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
FX 6300
R9 270x 2GB
G Skill 8GBx2
MB: GA-78LMT-S2 Rev.1.2
WIndows 10

Okay iit started happening last night. Game was running fine on Highest with 30-50 FPS. But now game is lagging alot for some reason I am getting 1-20 FPS

p0rCfrc.jpg

temperatures were fine but when i checked i saw 96 C. I changed the thermal paste and cleaned every dust from it. But today i checked the temperatures were like OMG!..I was checking temperature all the time didn't notice this much... I mean how can a system be still on while CPU is at 200+ C?
I think my CPU is damaged now.

Temperatures-
wtSoHfN.png

It never happened before. Last time I updated my Windows Since then it started happening
Any solution will be appreciated, thanks!

[Edit]

2FPS in Assassin's Creed Unity even on the lowest settings. Is it the RAM?
because AC Rouge is running at 60 FPS. It is only occupying 3 GB of RAM
sMaW7eJ.jpg

[Edit 2]
I am on a mission in witcher 3 in which game is running smoothly at 40 FPS but all those FPS is driven by graphic card. Average CPU usage is around 10-20. Now CPU is bottlenecking but temperatures are all normal never cross 45
ZLnBJcp.jpg

I havent received a single reply. Where is Tomshardware community?

Oct 17, 2018
A possible solution (and help spread this even if it isn't your problem). I had these problems very recently. Decided to use a GPU tweak, Asus GPU Tweak II (think that was the name) and saw that the GPU drew very little power, like 27% or sumthin. For some reason the cable supplying the gpu with power wasnt fully connected to the PSU. After pushing really hard the cable "clicked" and was fully attached to the PSU. After that, no problems at all playing the game on the highest settings. I have a GTX 970 and an intel i7 4.0Ghz and the game is installed on a SSD. *facepalm* Wonder how long that cable was loose :p

And as to your weird temperatures. Some apps shows really weird ones. I use SpeedFan and it says -127 degrees celsius on some of them. My cooling aint that good :)