Computer crashes, monitor goes black, and fans go to max.

Jul 28, 2018
Hello,

I have had my PC for about 5 months now, and with most games I try to play, like Overwatch, Starcraft 2, ect, I'll crash within 2-3 minutes, causing my monitor will go black and my fans going to 100%. This issue has been occurring right around when I built my computer (maybe 1-2 weeks after I had been using it,) and the reason I haven't gotten this resolved yet is because this issue doesn't occur on the games I play most frequently (like CSGO.) I have tried reinstalling Windows along with my drivers, making sure there are no other instances of AMD Chipset drivers, and making sure that my cables are secure. I have not done any overclocking. I used MSI Afterburner and saw that my CPU and GPU temperatures were always fine before the crash (CPU: 40s, GPU: 60s.) I have gotten both LiveKernelEvent errors 141 and 117, if that is of any help. As of now I think that the problem might be with my graphics card, but I am not really sure of anything.

Here is a list of my components:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
GPU: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card
Storage (M.2): Western Digital - Blue 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage (HDD): Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: SeaSonic - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Here is a link to my PCPartPicker build if you would like to view it more easily:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PMQHGG

Any help would be appreciated!

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from isnail1810 : "Computer crashes, monitor goes black, and fans go to max."

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from isnail1810 : "Computer crashes, monitor goes black, and fans go to max."

Jul 28, 2018

Wont happen again.