Laptop audio cuts out completely if i tap around the keyboard of my laptop

Jul 29, 2018
The sound cuts if I tap the left side (beside keyboard) of my laptop and I have to restart it to get it back working.

I have tried checking sound settings, checking the drivers for updates, plugging in headphones, nothing works, once i tap it or if something even drops near the laptop (creating a vibration) it goes from working perfectly to the sound being cut completely. Has left me and some tech savvy friends very stumped.

Any help solving this mystery would be greatly appreciated,

Ralston18

Titan
Consider that there is indeed a loose connection inside the laptop. Not totally disconnected but touching just enough to work until a vibration or bump moves a wire, a component part, etc. breaking the connection. Software gets confused and must be reloaded (i.e., the restart) to get it all working again.

Most likely the unit will need to be serviced by a knowledgeable and experienced shop or service center.

Any warranty left?

Jul 29, 2018

Unfortunately not, I was hoping it would be something I could fix myself but also don't want to risk making it any worse.
I guess my best option is to bring it to a professional and see how much it would cost to fix.

Thanks for your help :)

TRENDING THREADS