Evga GTX 1060 6gb non-sc

Jul 30, 2018
As the title says, i have the EVGA GTX 1060 6gb Gaming and, to put it short, its hot. Under default fan curve it steadily goes to 83c and stays there because of thermal throttle. 100% fan speed manages to keep it at 76c under full load, but the fan is disturbingly loud.
As such, i have ordered the Accelero Mono Plus from Arctic (https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-mono-plus.html). I have, however, some fears regarding the covering of the VRM and VRAM modules with the heatsinks provided by the cooler.
I have no experience with it and i have looked to find a picture of my gpu PCB without the shroud on, and an indication of exactly which is vrm and vram so i know exactly what to cover with the heatsinks.
Any kind of help is much appreciated, i have until Thursday to do my homework, hopefully everything will work out well.

76c and 83c are fine and I probably wouldn't mess with that arctic cooler as your issue lies more with your intake/exhaust setup. Try providing more cool air for your card I bet your temps drop considerably