Can't connect to this network

Bnrr

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Hi Everyone, I am in desperate need for help in solving my technical problem. The issue I am having with my windows 10 is connectivity to my network. Every time I turn on my computer I would notice on the task bar the network is always disconnected. I check the status of the connection and it is listed as not connected to a network tried to connect and always getting an error 'can't connect to this network. ran troubleshooter and the result of the issue found is that a preferred network is not chosen, chose my local network and check the automatically connect box sign in still the same problem, run the troubleshooter and came up with same result as the first, no chosen preferred network. I have repeated the troubleshooter for 20x and still get the same diagnostic result, like a loop effect. So I decided to try a brand new adapter, install it and the problem persists. right now I am getting a network connection via usb tp link adapter. I could only get a connection thru usb port.
I have tried all methods to resolve including from a thread here in toms hardware from a member jacobjamespaull April 28 2018. nothings works. :eek: thanks

Solution
Hello, everyone, this is an update to my post 'can't connect to this network.' I have followed all the given advice from Peter Martin and dextermat as a way to be sure that I had performed this method, I first created a list of every troubleshooting methods. after check off all the methods and found no issue with all the hardware (WiFi card, network adapter card, motherboard PCIe slots drivers). Out of frustration I started to think back to before the problem started, and then I remember there was a power surge that lasted for almost 10 minutes. so I decide to do a clean install. and at the part in windows the 'let connect to the internet -after imputing the information and with fingers cross hit the next button,,, I had a connection...
Hi,

What router do you have ?
Any problem with other devices ?

1- check to see what channel is in effect, if it's on auto try channel 1, 6 or 11 to see if it works.
on some router, auto use channel 2 to 5 or 6 to 10 and they simply just don't work.

2- try different security or no security at all to see if the problem persist.

3- double check you wifi password in router, might of been typed wrong.

4- if the router is older, do a factory reset and reconfigure the router.5- update firmware router if possible.

After all that, if problem persist, might want to test with known working router.

Bnrr

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
hello P Martin and dexternat thank for the fast reply for my technical issues. first of all I will try Mr. Martin solution o a clean install and the problem persists then I will move on to dextermat solution. in my post I forgot to mention that the wireless adapter is recognize in device manger without any question mark, down arrow or any kind of symbols also it is listed as this device is working properly and device drivers are up to date. Now I am going to sign off and start the clean install. thank you for the technical advice, will post later with result. thank you

Bnrr

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Hello, everyone, this is an update to my post 'can't connect to this network.' I have followed all the given advice from Peter Martin and dextermat as a way to be sure that I had performed this method, I first created a list of every troubleshooting methods. after check off all the methods and found no issue with all the hardware (WiFi card, network adapter card, motherboard PCIe slots drivers). Out of frustration I started to think back to before the problem started, and then I remember there was a power surge that lasted for almost 10 minutes. so I decide to do a clean install. and at the part in windows the 'let connect to the internet -after imputing the information and with fingers cross hit the next button,,, I had a connection to my network provider?????
I can't explain but theorize that it must be that the drivers were so corrupted that device manager could only see as a working device??. for other reason I am just happy that I have a working Wifi connection and do not need to buy a replacement. I am just relieve that clean install solves the problems.
Hope this would help guide some members in the future who face the same issues as I have. Thanks everyone.
PS.I am posting this reply on the same computer that had the problem last week God Bless

Solution