Jul 30, 2018
Whats up with my laptop? When I try to log in it gets stuck at welcome, sometimes when I restart it gets stuck at Please Wait I can’t get into the settings to go to safe mode because it gets stuck at Please Wait before that and I can’t turn on or off my wifi because when I click the wifi icon in the bottom right my computer just freezes, has anyone had this happen to them before? and does anyone know how to fix it please? I have windows 10 and I cannot get to safe mode even when pressing f8 or hitting left shift and selecting restart because either way I get stuck on a waiting/loading screen.

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its a handy boot disk and might get us past that loading screen

try startup repair - which is same as auto repair but worth a try

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

you can try to get into safe mode from USB but often the startup options menu isn't available
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit...

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its a handy boot disk and might get us past that loading screen

try startup repair - which is same as auto repair but worth a try

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

you can try to get into safe mode from USB but often the startup options menu isn't available
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Try running System restore and see if any recent date to roll back to, it might fix startup
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
choose recent date - PC will roll back settings to that date and maybe allow you to start normally

Solution