Custom PC FPS/Windows Issues

Jul 30, 2018
CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
Storage: HDD - Western Digital - 1 TB | SSD - Samsung 850 EVO - 250 GB (Windows on it)
PS: Corsair CX600M (600 Watts)

My computer has been acting like this for about a year now and would really like to figure out why it is doing this. I upgraded to Windows 10 and this is when all the problems started to happen. When I turn on my computer, I'm usually greated with a black screen, and wait about 2 minutes before hitting the restart button on my computer. Eventually I get a display, sometimes a blue screen and windows telling me something went wrong. But if I get lucky, I get the windows login screen with the pretty picture that they have. All good right? Nope. Sometimes the fps is awful, I'm talking close to 3 fps. The audio crackles, nothing will load, and I might be greeted with another blue screen. Now, I have to start the loop of restarting my computer and hopefully I get lucky and my computer will work correctly after about 4 restarts.

What I have tried:

Scanning for malware on my computer with many different softwares

Got a SSD and wiped my HDD when this problem was happening and the same problem persists, I just get to windows faster some times :3

Replaced my GPU, PS, got more ram, got a new SSD, CPU, and a better cooling for my CPU

I have a software called CAM and use it to monitor my CPU and GPU temp, and nothing is out of the ordinary (30-35 degrees Celsius)

Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated, and I think the main culprit is my motherboard. If this is the case, I might just bite the bullet and upgrade my mobo. Thanks!

Solution
0. First off, if you "upgraded" to win 10, do a clean install. If not:

1. Use the motherboard video output to rule out GPU.

2. Underclock CPU to 3.5 with a voltage of 1.2v to rule out CPU instability. If you can't (non Z mobo), stress test with prime95 to get a crash.

3. Underclock RAM (use one stick) one or two steps with manually input stock voltage to rule out the RAMs.

4. put another CPU on your mobo to rule out the motherboard.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
0. First off, if you "upgraded" to win 10, do a clean install. If not:

1. Use the motherboard video output to rule out GPU.

2. Underclock CPU to 3.5 with a voltage of 1.2v to rule out CPU instability. If you can't (non Z mobo), stress test with prime95 to get a crash.

3. Underclock RAM (use one stick) one or two steps with manually input stock voltage to rule out the RAMs.

4. put another CPU on your mobo to rule out the motherboard.

Solution