Can't login here.

whateverdude

Proper
Jun 21, 2018
can't login with my android because "AN AUTHENTICATION EXCEPTION OCCURRED"
can't login with my windows because "We're sorry, something went wrong when attempting to log in."
And ofc nobody would know what that "something" might be.

But i don't always get that error from windows.
Sometimes i get "Oh oh, something's wrong
Internal Server Error - Error 500
It looks like something is broken in our system."

Damn right i'd say.

Good news is i can ignore that error and by just browsing the website i get magically logged in .

Solution
Yes. I was trying to log on since 2 weeks over 40 times... even tried to reset password.
Out of the sudden I have tried today and it worked.
This forum (if you are not logged in) hasn't got any way of reporting this kind of issue. there is no email you can write to.

Yes I have tried everything and eventually logged via .com site but tried again on my phone will not log on with any configuration.
So logging via tomshardware.com might not always work even if nickname is used instead of email.

I am afraid to log off now ;)

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Likely just the results of an old cookie in your cache. This is not uncommon and is not really a problem, per se, since you are certainly logged in now. Still, this is good feedback for the dev team. Thanks.

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
i have this issue when trying to log in to .co.uk using toms account nickname

solution: use .com site and full email address, then after logging into the com site- another tab load up the usual .cu.uk site

so> replace .co.uk with .com (of vise versa for someone from the .com site)
> use full email address instead of nickname
> now logged in, use your normal shorcut link to the home site you usually visit.
>
> this is no cookie issue, i use firefox, loaded in a ram drive, which recreates a blank self on every startup. there are no cookies, the cookiemonster lives in my pc.

this started yesturday after dinner (6pm) for me.

gaffers

Honorable
Jun 30, 2015

Same issue, couldn't log in to UK site, even with brand new p/word reset. Did the above, worked a treat.
Hope commenting on a 3 week old topic isn't too much of a necro...

ficler1977

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
Yes. I was trying to log on since 2 weeks over 40 times... even tried to reset password.
Out of the sudden I have tried today and it worked.
This forum (if you are not logged in) hasn't got any way of reporting this kind of issue. there is no email you can write to.

Yes I have tried everything and eventually logged via .com site but tried again on my phone will not log on with any configuration.
So logging via tomshardware.com might not always work even if nickname is used instead of email.

I am afraid to log off now ;)

Solution

whateverdude

Proper
Jun 21, 2018
Yeah still same here.
I just stayed logged thx to the cookies on my PC.
On my androids forget it there is no way to log in,i even tried different wifi network.
Guess noone is perfect.

Uberwolf

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
Hi guys,
I was getting this message, "We're sorry something went wrong when attempting to log in". I tried several times on my iPhone and on my PC using 3 different browsers, IE, Chrome and Firefox. I was using the correct login details. I saw someone else with this problem that posted in the forum and was told it was a cookie issue so I cleared my cookies all to no avail, then I saw something, the Tomshardware I was trying to log into was www.tomshardware.co.uk. I loaded www.tomshardware.com and I could log in. I then loaded www.tomshardware.co.uk and I even though I could still not login in when I clicked on Forum I was indeed logged in and so I suspect there is an issue between www.tomshardware.com and www.tomshardware.co.uk. If I select www.tomshardware.com first and log in I have no issue but if I select www.tomshardware.co.uk first I cannot login and get that "We're sorry something went wrong when attempting to log in" message .