constantly have bluescreens and cant fix it!!!

wwitham

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
https://imgur.com/a/JzFuxYn

ive had random bluescreens for months. always when gaming.

ive ran mem test hundreds of times, tried every ram stick individually. re-seated everything, disabled every start-up. removed all overclocks, updated all drivers. im not sure what else i can do.

ive seen these bsod's

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (not seen for a while)
BAD_POOL_HEADER (not seen for a while)
CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED (not seen for a while)
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (i think)
CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPT (latest one)

my pc specs are
i5-7400
asrock h270 pro4
8gb ddr4 g.skill
rx 470
120 wd m.2
1tb wd

i really do not know what to do. please help :(

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkFUksPXG1Z8hkjtYRvUO1GB9i5B

wwitham

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016

using intergrated graphics i woudnt be able to reproduce the problem though as it wont be able to run the games

reasons for critical stop are as follows

Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common)
Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall).
Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files.
Driver conflict after installing new hardware.
Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System.
Error 0x109 blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.

copy your memory dump files from your c:\windows\minidump directory to a cloud server like Microsoft onedrive, share the files for public access and post a link.

something is causing corruption of data in the memory of your machine.
looking at the error codes in the bugcheck data from the diagnostic memory dumps can pin point the likely driver of hardware subsystem.

general procedures to fix this will be:
update bios, update motherboard drivers, run Malwarebytes scan, start cmd.exe as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

there are many other things that can cause this but looking at the memory dump really narrows down the potential causes of the problem.

the memory dump with the bad pool header can be very useful depending on the memory address that was used.

wwitham

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkFUksPXG1Z8hkjtYRvUO1GB9i5B

user mode program GTAVLauncher.exe
tried to access a memory address in virtual memory, the system thinks the virtual memory data structures were corrupted and it shut down the system with the bugcheck.

I would go and turn off virtual memory (system pagefile), reboot and make sure the hidden c:\pagefile.sys is deleted then turn it back on.

I would also run crystaldiskinfo.exe and check the status of the drive (smart errors)

I would check for updates for the motherboard for the cpu chipset (for updated sata 2 drivers) and update any external sata 3 drivers from the motherboard vendors website.

check for overheated cpu or gpu (power brownouts in the cpu cause by a gpu using too much power can cause problems like this)

this driver has a bug where it can corrupt memory:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys Sun May 5 14:31:26 2013

got to go but will try to look at the other dump when I get back

wwitham

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016

done the virtual memory thing.
both drives are all okay
will sort out drivers and get back to you. thank you