Computer giving problems after installing an old GPU.

Jul 31, 2018
So i installed an old GPU after the one i was using died. When I booted the PC, on the windows it was taking a long time to load, I waited 10 mins it didn't load so I removed the GPU but the problem didn't go away.

Then I removed other hardisks and only kept the HD with the windows, the PC booted normally so i thought it was a HD problem (internet was working then)

So I inserted the the GPU again and encountered the same problem of long loading time, Then I removed the GPU but the problem stayed.

So I removed the windows HD, and inserted another harddisk and installed windows in it, but the same problem of long loading persisted, I waited for like 20-30 mins of loading and windows login but in windows internet stopped working, I tried uninstalling and installing the adapter software but the computer lags really bad even the mouse takes 5 secs to move a small area.

Solution

Now you are telling me that you actually went from a discrete GPU, to Integrated graphics, then to an older, discrete GPU?

I still need the answers to my first questions, as well as what integrated graphics you have. In fact, I need to know your EXACT system specs(makes, models, capacities, etc).

I still think it is a driver issue with three different GPUs involved.

What was the GPU that died? and what was the GPU that you replaced it with? Also what make, and model of PSU do you have?
I suspect a possible driver issue. did you COMPLETELY un-install the old graphics drivers, and install the drivers appropriate to the replacement GPU?

Now you are telling me that you actually went from a discrete GPU, to Integrated graphics, then to an older, discrete GPU?

I still need the answers to my first questions, as well as what integrated graphics you have. In fact, I need to know your EXACT system specs(makes, models, capacities, etc).

I still think it is a driver issue with three different GPUs involved.

Solution