no operating system

Aug 1, 2018
A little while ago my sony vaio (SVE1512J6E) could no longer find the operating system and when booting it could get no futher than the startup page. Ive managed to create a windows 10 bootable USB which works but when i have to find a place to download windows 10 it cannot find anyplace to do so. Ive tried following tutorials to download drivers which seem to be lacking from my computer which allow me to choose the chipset of my computer but each the chipset for the computer isnt shown and none of them allow me to select a drive to install windows. Has anyone got any other tips? thank you.

Solution
Before you go around formatting the drive I suggest you first try to repair the existing installation. To do so, you need to enter into windows 10 recovery mode. If your bootable usb works you have the option to choose repair.
Also do not go around looking for drivers. The only place you should be looking for drivers is the official support site for your device. Also from my experience Windows 10, upon installation, automatically looks for updated drivers for your device.

Gyustarr

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2014
Before you go around formatting the drive I suggest you first try to repair the existing installation. To do so, you need to enter into windows 10 recovery mode. If your bootable usb works you have the option to choose repair.
Also do not go around looking for drivers. The only place you should be looking for drivers is the official support site for your device. Also from my experience Windows 10, upon installation, automatically looks for updated drivers for your device.

Solution