ndis.sys file is corrupted and I'm getting BSOD

miker2808

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016
Hello.
Since the morning i'm getting BSOD on boot about IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod
saying that what caused it was "ndis.sys"
I've tried running a scan through safe mode using both malwarebytes anti malware and superantimalware
superantimalware found something (it was located somewhere else) but it didn't fix the problem
Now like a miracle I managed to boot not from safe mode twice (out of probably 15 boots).
I suspect that it's not a malware (might be wrong) but I have no idea how can I repair the file or replace it.. simply downloading the dll doesn't seem like a good idea.. (might be wrong again)
any advice?

miker2808

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016

I tried it after making this thread
It said it didn't find anything. but after restarting the file was still corrupted..
to be honest I even took the same file from my laptop (they both run win10 64bit ultimate) and still the same problem presisted..
I gave up and reseted my PC.. lost good programs I'll have to re-install now :/

miker2808

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016

Hm, weird as my hardward is quiet new and didn't show any errors before.
Thanks I'll see if this problem returns

I would also run this from an admin powershell or cmd

Repair damaged Windows files:
Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:
Press Windows+X.
Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.

let it run until complete, be patient. It should fix you if there was corruption for sure.

miker2808

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016

I ran it, and it found nothing

miker2808

Honorable
Aug 23, 2016

Sadly this error has returned (next morning) and It's probably hardware related if the reset didn't fix the problem for me..
I'm running the memtest on boot as you suggested me to do. now I'm unfamiliar with this tool (have heard/ never used)
[strike]any suggestions about running this tool? is one pass enough? [/strike]
I ran the test twice. no errors..
problem still presists, any ideas?