Winload error after MB change

Soron

Reputable
May 11, 2015
Hello

So the other day I changed my motherboard to a asus rog strix b350-f gaming.

Did a clean a install of windows, and everything went fine, but the next i started getting blue screens at boot up:

First I get this screen:
df8bb863-83c5-4151-bdd2-b14ac9e46754

If I press enter, it changes to this:
a6a774d8-5a11-456a-9157-30abd52b84af

I tried to run this commands:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /scanos
bootrec /rebuildbcd

But got no luck.

If i press the reset button, windows will load fine (sometimes i get the error a second time)

I honestly have no idea whats causing this, everything was working fine before changing MB (except the old motherboard).

Thanks for the help!

Solution

Yes, but i noticed as why was reinstalling windows that when this happens the bios doens't detect the ssd.

So I decided to change the sata cable i had, and use one that came with the motherboard.

2 days passed, and still no error.

Soron

Reputable
May 11, 2015

I have a samsung 840 pro ssd and a wester digital blue 1TB hdd
Windows was installed on the ssd.

I had everything installed, i did a clean install of windows as soon as the computer booted with the new mb

If it was a hard drive I'd say you had a install a file on a sector that was going out. I'd use the Samsung Magician to clean the drive then perhaps a quick format and try a clean install again. Be sure only the SSD is connected when installing the O/S.

Soron

Reputable
May 11, 2015

Yes, but i noticed as why was reinstalling windows that when this happens the bios doens't detect the ssd.

So I decided to change the sata cable i had, and use one that came with the motherboard.

2 days passed, and still no error.

Solution