Slow, Dumb & Overpriced: My New Laptop Is A Disappointment

Aug 5, 2018
Hello :)

So earlier this year, I decided to go "all out" and buy a laptop that was a bit over my price range (over $300 to be exact). I did a ton of research and finally decided on one Laptop (. This was in January:

( Jan 09, 2018
BESTBUYCOM $381.42 )

I only use it for online things, and I use maybe ... 40 GB? Out of the total 440 GB on Drive C: and almost 2 GB on Lenovo Drive D:
Usually I delete what I do not need, and this is often.
But honestly, the darn thing is so slow, I can hardly do anything with it! Even if I keep to 2 open tabs, it freezes up on me sometimes!
I've gone through any "uneeded" apps and such, and literally have nothing extra running...
At one point I did the "fresh start" (In May this year), hoping it would help, but it made it even worse! Yikes...

Is there anything I can do?? I've tried everything and am at my wits ends that I paid almost $400 for this hunk of junk! :'( And I cannot afford a new laptop...

Here are the specs:

Windows 10 Home Edition
Version 1803
Processor: Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU 4415 @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.87 usable)
64-bit operating system, x64 - based processor
Pen & Touch support
OS build: 17134.165

Not sure what other info y'all might need, but please let me know.

I'm pretty sure this is the exact Laptop I purchased:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-14-touch-screen-laptop-intel-pentium-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/6062100.p?skuId=6062100

Any help is appreciated, thank you :)

Solution
Work with the Windows tools:

Run the troubleshooters.

Run Task Manager, Resource Monitor, Reliability History.

Look for apps, processes, services running in the background.

Many computers come with lots of pre-installled "crapware". Crapware can have all sorts of negative effects due to sloppy coding, alterior purposes (e.g., capture data from your system), or otherwise just plain garbage eating CPU cycles.

Task Manager, for example, might reveal a bunch of programs running in the background., Disable them - especially if not needed. Delete if not wanted.

But do some research first so you do not "take out" something vital.

Ralston18

Titan
Work with the Windows tools:

Run the troubleshooters.

Run Task Manager, Resource Monitor, Reliability History.

Look for apps, processes, services running in the background.

Many computers come with lots of pre-installled "crapware". Crapware can have all sorts of negative effects due to sloppy coding, alterior purposes (e.g., capture data from your system), or otherwise just plain garbage eating CPU cycles.

Task Manager, for example, might reveal a bunch of programs running in the background., Disable them - especially if not needed. Delete if not wanted.

But do some research first so you do not "take out" something vital.

Solution